Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is what I do ... - RVer

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 3:04 pm In Reply to: OTR trucking and medical transcription - Ruth

When we take the RV on the road, my husband drives, and I transcribe. I hook up my laptop (have used laptops in transcription for many, many years) wirelessly to my iPhone hotspot. I only have an issue if the signal strength is 1 (sometimes slow) or no service, but other than that, it works great. I use eScription, and I have an 18 GB data plan, so I never have run into a problem. Even used it solid for 3 months one time when I had moved to a new house that didn't have cable at my place yet, and they took forever to get it installed under the street. So I hooked up through my Hotspot and had instant internet for my job.

Now, if you don't have a phone with a hotspot, just go to someplace like Verizon (good overall coverage across the country) and rent their mobile hotspot, which comes with a couple of gig (I think) with the rental and then you can purchase a higher plan or go up to a higher plan once you figure out how much you're using on a monthly basis.

I think they make WiFi boosters too that you can purchase. Not sure how much they cost. I know they make them for RVs, so I would guess the same goes for truckers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)