Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm also a veteran radiology MT, and I can - tell you its not really worth - sm

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 2:42 pm In Reply to: Dear fellow MTs - Oldtimer

the effort to learn VR, as ESPECIALLY in radiology VR has become doctor-input/edited transcription. It's one reason you see less and less radiology work at MTSO's. I worked at a radiology-only company where they switched to VR, and only a month after they adopted the new system, we MTs were phased out and fired.

That said, learning VR editing isn't hard. Everything works pretty much the same way, except the already-transcribed report comes up on your screen, and then you fight to stay awake as you follow a little cursor along each sentence as you listen to the dictation. Every once in a while (oh, lucky you!), you get to change "a" to "an", or vice-versa, or type a comma.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Dear fellow MTs - Oldtimer (Views: 856, 2016-04-25, 11:55 am)
    • I'm also a veteran radiology MT, and I can - tell you its not really worth - sm
    • Try StenTel - tiredfingers (Views: 447, 2016-04-26, 10:53 am)
    • VR - AJ (Views: 363, 2016-04-27, 8:38 pm)
    • VR How to - all smiles (Views: 407, 2016-04-29, 8:37 pm)