Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 48)

To Bytescribe users - need some answers

Posted: Apr 25th, 2016 - 12:11 am

Current company runs their own macro program on DocShuttle Client and WavPlayer.  Purchase price is $99 each, plus two licenses at $20 each.  The two licenses can be put on one dongle but I would still have to pay for two licenses, one for the WavPlayer and one for the DocShuttle Client.  That's a total of $240 before tax and/or shipping. 

I currently have the 14-day trial software downloaded, already have compatible Infinity USB foot pedal that I've used with ExpressScribe over the years.  So far with Bytescribe, I'm just not feeling the love, but I'm wondering if that has more to do with the program of macros that this particular company is running through the DocShuttle Client. 

Do those of you who use this software simply use it as an FTP site and player, i.e., as a means of just playing the audio and managing the files,  or is the software part of a proprietary platfform that you then also have to learn to use?

I'm concerned because that is an awful lot of money to come up with for software that I might not be able to use with any other company, due to the way it is currently configured.  Considering the drop in pay that always happens when learning new stuff, and having to then work through $250 before I can break even and start to earn anything, it doesn't feel like a wise investment.  So, can anyone tell me, is it like Express Scribe except that it can also play .ds2 files? I've been just fine with ExpressScribe Pro for $30, good headphones, and a good free FTP program. 

What is strange is that when I check the settings on WavPlayer, it doesn't even have the box checked as being the default player for .ds2 files.  If I was getting paid what I used to get paid back in the day, maybe $250 wouldn't seem so huge. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)