Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

There are some decent jobs for this in a - local hospital but I am wary

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2016 - 6:16 am In Reply to: SCRIBES - We need to be aware - MTbin

So what if I train up to be a scribe and the next thing you know my job is outsourced or offshored? No thanks, been there done that. The starting pay for this one seems even lower than MT as well, and you can hardly do it on your own time.

I think perhaps if we are faced with Scribes in virtual or actual form in the exam room as patients, our best bet would be to refuse them in the room. That's allowed, right? I would certainly ask who they were and request they get out.

Med students for learning purposes I have been happy to have, but if there is someone in my exam room who is in active competition with my profession and making things uncomfortable for me (to be honest, I feel uncomfortable with the doctor alone, why would I welcome this third wheel if I didn't have to?) I should be able to kick them out.

I don't think being a Scribe would be a great idea for me. As the unwanted third person in the room, whether actually or virtually, it would be pretty harrowing to try to glean the info you know you are going to be responsible for getting exactly correct, in a way that can actually be enforced by HIPAA too. No thanks to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)