Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Scribes - MT

Posted: Apr 21st, 2016 - 1:00 pm In Reply to: NEED TO ACT NOW - Linda

My understanding is that the encounter is streamed live. You might be able to find doctors who are willing to record and upload voice files. You can go onto a freelance site and probably hire someone overseas for cheap to help you figure out how to set it up. Having been an in-house scribe before, I can tell you that it's very different from MT. Without a visual, you would have to rely on the doctor to verbalize everything. In general, they aren't keen on doing that. It makes for an awkward encounter with the patient. But, some must be willing to if they are hiring scribes. It's a ton of responsibility being in charge of creating their reports. You are essentially their brain. I remember realizing that I knew that McMurray's was a knee exam and how to spell it, but I had no idea what the exam looked like. The doctor expected me to know when I saw it and whether it was positive or negative based on the patient's reaction. This is just a sample of what scribing is like. You also have to know what codes to assign. You might come up with an assessment of meniscal tear, but the code would be knee pain before MRI confirmation. So, it's way more complicated than typing from dictation. That isn't easy, either, with accents and such, but it's a completely different skill set.

*Did not proofread post

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)