Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Those of you who are seeking jobs outside MT, - did you include a ... sm

Posted: Apr 19th, 2016 - 3:49 pm

cover letter with your resume?  I'm applying for a unit secretary position at a hospital using their HR software.  I think the software will allow me to upload multiple files, so I'm good in that respect.  My problem is that I'm just about worn out after trying to figure out how to reword my resume to fit with the job description.  Now, I'm kind of drawing a blank when it comes to a cover letter. 

Below is the job description.  Would you create a cover letter in addition to a resume?  Thanks.

Description

• Performs secretarial duties necessary for the general management and organization of the nursing unit. 
  • The secretary is responsible for transcribing orders, faxing information, maintaining the patient chart, directing visitors and directing phone calls and prioritizing and directing patient calls. 
  • The Unit Secretary must be able to prioritize and anticipate needs and maintain a calm composure in stressful situations. 
  • The Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary will adhere to all policies, procedures and standards of the assigned unit, department and institution.

Qualifications

Experience:           

• Hospital secretarial experience preferred; good verbal and writing skills essential; computer skills preferred.  Must speak clear English.
  • Able to speak clearly; good telephone manners; is friendly and empathetic in order to project a positive image of the unit and encourage open communication.
  • Able to deal with people on all levels; including physicians, other staff, visitors, patients - to ensure team building and a good rapport.
  • Able to work with the computer system to input physician's orders, initiate patient charges, and to interface with other hospital departments.  Prior computer experience preferred but not necessary.  Ability/desire to learn a must.
  •  Able to recognize/decipher medical terminology to facilitate job understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)