Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Curious about something. Are we still - a dime a dozen?

Posted: Apr 18th, 2016 - 5:22 pm

Just curious to know what's going on when I see all that talk below about being inundated with resumes, and/or over 20 years experience and never hears back, etc. If Escription makes us faster, say 25% faster, that would mean that for every, say 100 of us 25 would be redundant. But they've had Escription for quite some time now, say at least 5 or 6 years if not longer, and one would have thought all of the extra transcriptionists would have found jobs by now. You'd think that because of that and the very poor pay, we'd be starting to get to a shortage of US transcriptionists. I've heard that even with all of those transcriptionists in India, there should still be roughly enough work for everyone. When I saw Nuance saying they were going to hire 3000 in India (presumably for the cheap labor), I thought that maybe such a shortage in the US was already starting to occur and their response was to go for the cheap rather than raise their poor pay in the US. But looking below, it appears that these MTSO's are still "inundated" with resumes from out-of-work transcriptionists, who are willing to work for the poor money. If there is still an overabundance of us, no wonder the pay is still poor and getting worse. You would think that with nobody going into the field because of the poor pay, people retiring, etc., that the "hundreds and hundreds" of resume stories would not be happening so much. Just wondering what's going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)