Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 77)

I Did It - see msg

Posted: Apr 18th, 2016 - 2:38 pm In Reply to: Any better as a QA? - anonMT

There was a discussion not too long ago about the difficulties of a QA position. My note here is assuming acute care.

Not sure where you work, but QA is always held to a higher standard. Where I worked, we were paid hourly, but had to crank out x-amount of reports per hour, which was near impossible. There were a lot of MTs on full QA chronically, which means you have to listen to the voice and correct the document, which is sometimes horrendous.

As to reports where you just jump around filling in blanks, remember--you'll have the worst of the worst of the dictators where blanks need to be filled in. And if your supervisor thinks you should have been able to fill it in and you couldn't, you'll have to answer for that.

QA gets audited, and yes, they get in trouble for mistakes. And you have to be sweet to the MTs all the time no matter how badly they treat you, or you get "written up."

And meetings galore! If you think you have meetings now as an MT, double that. You'll also have more corporate-type meetings with "the suits."

I just want you to go in with your eyes open. I would also get in writing that you can go back to MT if QA position isn't working out for you.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)