Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

hate that happened to you - advice - take to a dhop quick

Posted: Feb 13th, 2016 - 11:58 pm In Reply to: You were right! - Linda

I also had one to die that was only 3 years old and had oodles of room on it, and it died after a couple of blue screens.

I should have thought to tell you a temporary solution I used at the time. I rented a computer from Rent A Center for a month. I keep my work stuff on my Yahoo email account so I was able to pull in my license to Shorthand on the rental. When I started having problems, I emails myself a copy of all my Shorthand abbreviation files. I had my Word and other software on hand, so I only lost one day of down time.

I took my computer to a shop for a new hard drive and took my Windows XP software to load so I didn't have to pay a new license for the operating system.

Once I got my computer back, I just transferred everything from the rental computer back to my new hard drive and was back in business. I did a system restore to manufacturer install on the rental and returned it to RAC.

I have now had the new hard drive in my computer for three years and recently bought a laptop because I have been thinking I need something not XP to work on. I have a cloud service available on my laptop that I uploaded my HD contents to, so in case of a dead hard drive, I can access everything on my laptop.

Sounds like you are more tech savvy than I am, but I've learned over the years that computers just die at the worst times so it helps to be prepared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)