Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Weekly critical and major errors report - what purpose does this serve?

Posted: Feb 11th, 2016 - 6:37 am

Not sure if everyone gets this weekly email or if it is just depending on your group. Just wondering if, like me, you just automatically junk this email listing many dumb errors we MTs have made.

It states, and I paraphrase slightly, it can help you catch future speech recognition errors and ensure high quality reports to our customers. Uh, no it cannot.

I mean, how does it help to read through a bunch of cringe-making errors we have all made? Except maybe knowing it's not just you who makes stupid mistakes. That helps a little bit.

It's not like if you see someone put MRI instead of MRA or appendectomy instead of oophorectomy a light will click on in your head and you will say, "Oh right, I will never make THAT mistake (again)!"

If any of these yahoos had to do just one day's work under the production pressures we do (yeah, for sure they could be perfect if they only had to do 100 lph - just like we all could too), they might realize how incredibly difficult it is to make above minimum wage and catch every single error the ISR spits out or the dictator for that matter!

Anyone else get that horrible inner cringe when reading one of your own errors on this list, exactly the same feeling as when you read the FIESA shaming email, thinking how on earth did I do that? Or sometimes, well, I guess I should have left that one blank, despite wasting 15 minutes researching old reports and the types of tests that patient would have gotten, only to still get it wrong.

Cruel and unusual punishment, or psychological warfare to make us feel lucky we are even paid anything at all? Certainly unnecessary and completely counterproductive.

Honestly, I just don't get why these weekly public shamings are helpful to anyone.

After all, do TSMs get a similar weekly email stating when the other TSMs were OTAT and shaming them, or other errors they may have made? I think there were enough versions of that OOW protocol going around that were completely different that SOMEONE should have been shamed on that one.

But no, because that would be inhumane, wouldn't it, to point out in a public forum your mistakes to your co-workers, when basically no one is perfect. WE already get our pay docked every time we make the smallest error, so I guess that is not enough for Nuance?

Do QAs get a weekly email pointing out the "errors" that had to be reversed? After all, some of these specs are whack, and the QAs have to follow all of them despite being also on some kind of production pay. They make errors, I have seen them, I have had them reversed, yet their pay does not seem to get docked nor do they get the public shaming aspect that I can tell.

Just another one of those things you wake up in the middle of the night thinking, what? why? Grrr, stupid Nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)