Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 63)

To Heloise - Linda

Posted: Feb 10th, 2016 - 11:50 am In Reply to: A 55 VBC line almost exactly equals a 65-character-and-space line. sm - Heloise

I've never padded lines, none of my subs ever did and I have never even known any MT who did that and I've been in the business 30 years.

If you check formatting marks, you will see half sentences that were erased and unpaid because the dictator changed his mind. What you won't see is the increase in unpaid duties, researching demographics, doctors names, etc. In addition we have a large percentage of dictators who haven't the foggiest idea how to dictate which can cut our hourly income by 75% because the MTSOs refuse to deal with the problem the way we did when we had our own accounts. We notified doctors that sending a CC to the wrong doctors is a HIPAA violation, that they should dictate first and last names. Doctors today will never know to enunciate 16 and 60, not say "uh" in front of "regular rate", etc., etc.

MTSOs have created a dangerous situation for patients by not calling errors to the dictator's attention and not allowing MT contact with the clients for this purpose.

Here are the cut to our salaries over the last few years:

First, reduce our line rate for transcription by 35%. Then cutting line rate in half for editing, when it takes 75% as much time as transcription so it should pay 75% of the transcription rate which would be 6 CPL on the already slashed lined rate of 8 CPL. Then quit paying for headers that knocks off another 10%, then quit paying for spaces, knocking off another 20%.

If you add up all the cuts to our salary it comes to a total of 65% reduction in pay for those doing straight transcription. The reduction comes to 80% for those doing straight editing! This is a conservative estimate because it does not include all the off-keyboard free labor we are required to provide today. We have not had a raise in THIRTY YEARS!

I do not believe any MTSO quit paying for spaces because of padding of lines, rather it is just another greedy way to reduce our pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)