Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

A 55 VBC line almost exactly equals a 65-character-and-space line. sm - Heloise

Posted: Feb 10th, 2016 - 7:41 am In Reply to: Pay without spaces is NOT 30% difference is it? - SM

So I'd say it's a 15% difference if you don't adjust the characters per line as well.

It may be someone was comparing pay for accounts with and without spaces and didn't realize the without account also wasn't paying for headers and footers, demographics, or other things that were being paid for in the account that was paying for characters and spaces.

Or maybe they had been busily padding their line count by formatting with multiple spaces rather than using tabs and styles, one of the legitimate reasons for switching to not paying for spaces. I've seen people paste in a line of spaces between all their paragraphs to pad their line counts, never mind just sneaking in an extra couple before every line return, etc. You can waste a lot of time checking incoming documents from subs with formatting marks turned on, or you can just stop paying for spaces. The latter is a lot simpler solution. I went to paying subs for 55 VBC lines a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)