Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just happened to me... - NickMT

Posted: Feb 7th, 2016 - 7:42 am In Reply to: Anyone know a good place to buy a - sm

You are looking at at least 250 dollars. Tiger Direct did not have anything under that price for what my employer requires in speed, etc.

I finally managed to switch laptops with my husband where he took an older Dell we had with XP and I took his Acer with windows 7. We then had to upgrade to Windows 10 on both to get them to update correctly, which was okay with my employer because they helped me take out all of the Microsoft settings in which they want way to much private information if you do not 'deny' it. (Anything you buy now will have windows 10, I did not have much luck finding any laptops with 7, they were always sold out, Best Buy had a waiting list, etc).

An option was to rent a laptop at our local RentaCenter place, and it was actually quite a reasonable price, but in the end I was able to get the 2 7's to update to 10 and now can use my husband's Acer, so I got very lucky with an old Dell my mom gave me that had XP... the upgrades are free for now...

Anyway, I sincerely wish you the best, because for me, it was a week in hell when my laptop crashed - having no backup money or job and only working IC...it was horrible. Even though I had everything saved on little drives, I still lost a lot of stuff and it took literally days and days to get everything working back to 'normal.'

We also have a little local electronic shop that sells used laptops, towers etc but I did not have to go there this time (fingers crossed)...

If you have the money, then you should have no problem finding something for 250 to 300 dollars...

Best to you,

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)