Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Excellent idea - I did this

Posted: Feb 6th, 2016 - 11:49 am In Reply to: For "older" transcriptionists - kangaroo14

I did something similar to this when I was laid off from my MT job at 58. Work Force (where I work it is called Skill Source) has a lot of free classes to get people transitioned back to the work place. We attended workshops and did role playing to prepare for job interviews, aptitude testing, resume preparation and the like. There were Excel and MS office classes, computer labs and the like. Since it was adult ed, a lot of it was independent study and people could go in and work at different times. Their goal is to fast track people back into the work place, you and your daughter could both benefit. Just wanted to say, don't let Excel overwhelm you. My guess is that on an employment test, they might ask you to create a basic spreadsheet and maybe do one or two formulas but that program is so huge, you can't learn it all; as a file clerk, I doubt if you would use it much. One way to practice if you have it on your home computer is to do your monthly budget, do meal planning, your shopping list for the week, it has a million uses. After you get hired and use it at work, you can teach yourself a lot and there are also on line tutorials that you can do. Sorry to be so long winded but you have made an excellent suggestion, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)