Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 59)

For "older" transcriptionists - kangaroo14

Posted: Feb 6th, 2016 - 9:57 am

Please don't take my subject the wrong way!  In reading through this board, it's a common thread that you just can't make a living doing MT any more and working at MM is just getting downright depressing.  I just turned 55, am single, still have a teenager at home, plus I try to help out my youngest daughter who is unemployed and trying to find a job.

Anyway, I called my local work force office and there is a program for 55 and older workers for training for different jobs.  I just missed the person in charge and have to call back Monday to discuss the program.  They also have computer classes so you can get training in those, too, if you need that.  I can do my job on the computer, but I have never learned the basics of Word Perfect and have never used programs like Excel, etc.  I wanted to apply for a file clerk job at a local police department and had someone who used to be a supervisor to use as a reference, but wasn't able to even apply because it required an Excel test.

I live in Florida and my state has a job listing under "employeeflorida.com".  I don't know if every state has a job listing like this or not, but you could check out what your state has to offer.

There's got to be something better out there somewhere!  Good luck everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)