Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 51)

Anonymous emails, letters or phone calls - kangaroo14

Posted: Feb 6th, 2016 - 9:11 am In Reply to: Anonymous emails, letters or phone calls to - the facility. SM

Not long after I started with MQ, I was talking to someone about asking doctors to do something and was told "oh, we can't tell them what to do." Well, the hospital they work for can! They are employees of said hospital and if they don't want their privileges suspended, they have to shape up or ship out! Guess that only works for teaching hospitals!

Where I worked inhouse, they had a "resident of the month" contest and we had residents "fighting" to get that award! I was in an elevator one night with one or 2 residents and they were asking if they were going to get the award, or asking me to please vote for them, etc. I even had dictations where they would say at the end something like "make sure you vote for me for dictator of the month!" They considered it an honor!

When they were hired for their residency, they had to learn how to use the dictation system and were TOLD how it should be done. Now grant you, if they didn't keep up with their dictations, their attending got his/her privileges suspended, so believe me...they kept up with them!

I worked for a small local hospital where I ended up stuck as the "transcription leader" or whatever the title was and tried this a few times with some new docs, but at that time, there wasn't much administrative backup, so it was pointless.

I think it's all in the administration of the hospital and the transcription service, but since the hospitals were all lied to about how wonderful ASR was, we see how things have ended up. The MT profession is now viewed as a waste of time or a joke and I don't think it will recover. Sad isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)