Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

SCRIBES - They are even coding as they transcribe - NickMT

Posted: Feb 5th, 2016 - 7:33 pm In Reply to: Medical Scribes - Mary Roach

The reports I have seen by scribes are spot on - I could not even believe it because for me, it took me years to master medical terminology, and these reports are quite accurate. They must have access to lab results that seem to get imported into the report - that is what it looks like, and even though they use abbreviations, the reports are complete and accurate...just as if transcribed by an MT.

Many are also coding as they go which, again, is probably technology doing it automatically. I have seen those programs at work and they are quite sophisticated. If a hospital can afford it, there are programs that do everything automatically. They can flag medication errors based on the diagnosis and lab results, these programs 'know.' As exciting as it is, it makes us obsolete for sure.

My doctor told me last year that as of 2016, really all hospitals are supposed to be compliant with the electronic medical record or else pay fines, which many would rather pay the fines now until they can get their technologies in place. That is if they want to get the funding from the government.

In the long run, it is probably more efficient, better quality, because it happens in 'real time,' saves tons of money for the hospital, and the reimbursement will be so much faster. So now the doctor does not have to dictate as much and can spend more time with patients or researching or whatever, thereby better quality for patients. (I am sure there will still be a need for certain reports to still be transcribed by MTs, where scribes cannot go).

It seems like any kind of office work in general may be a thing of the past soon.

Service jobs... maybe that is all that will be left, unless you are rich.

Anyone else see the reports yet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)