Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

In-house transcription, but not necessarily MTs - sm

Posted: Feb 5th, 2016 - 1:31 am In Reply to: Hey! Informaticist!!! - Egg on your face.

In-house transcription simply means not outsourcing it to a vendor. It does not mean that it has to be done by a human. I am using voice recognition to transcribe this post. I am speaking in a normal conversational tone, and it is keeping up just fine. It recognizes things like 6–0 Vicryl, hepatoportal shunt, cholecystectomy, MRI and CAT scan.

Where I work, everyone has an advanced version of Dragon. The doctors don't have a problem with it anymore than I do. It worked for me perfectly from the minute I installed it. I didn't have to train it, but I can, and it remembers me without mixing up my voice with everyone else's. It isn't your usual, off-the-shelf, software in a box. It isn't the VR that you experience in your jobs. It is much better.

Dictating to Dragon is not much different from dictating to an MT, with the exception that you get the results right in front of you instead of having to wait a week to get unintelligible garbage.

Almost none of our doctors dictate to transcription service anymore because the quality they produce is terrible. It is obviously very poor, unedited VR. Only a few surgeons still use it. The volume has dropped so much that our transcription service accused us of using someone else on the side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)