Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT, a dying profession - pamt

Posted: Feb 4th, 2016 - 6:52 pm

I worked FT for a local small hospital for 40 years and PT for national services for 20 years. With these 2 jobs, I have made a decent living. I’ve worked for several national companies PT at home, with one company being bought out by another (you know the drill). Last year I lost my PT job to supposedly no work. I’ve searched for other PT work to no avail, but I’ve made ends meet with just my FT job but had to cut back on many things. MT is a deteriorating industry anymore. I’m near retirement from MT, but not quite there yet. I made a good living with it and I feel sorry for anyone just wanting to enter this MT world. MT is truly a dying profession. We were told by our salesman for our MT equipment many years ago that computers would take over our profession, and I believed it would happen but after I was retired. It is all coming so true. I just hope that my FT job carries me over until my full retirement but that’s still a few years away. I would love to get another PT job at home but it does not seem likely. I’ve posted resumes on a few sites to no avail yet. I’ve changed my resume to include just transcription, not medical, still no avail. I wish a lot of luck to younger transcriptionists wanting to enter this field, especially a good friend who is 15 years younger and hoping to continue until she can retire, which is not likely to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)