Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 56)

Regarding the felony - Old Pro

Posted: Feb 4th, 2016 - 3:01 pm In Reply to: IMO yes, you can still be hired. - sm

I am a 3/4 retired MTSO, now very part-time MT. I would just like to say that, presumably some sort of restitution was made for the felony (whether via jail time or other means), and if you had come to me for a job, I would have given you a chance. I would figure that you had "paid your dues," that restitution had been made, and that there is not a one of us who has not made a serious mistake in his or her life that may well meet the qualifications to count as a felony. So, yes, I most certainly would give you a break and am only sorry that I am not in a position to do so. I hope that there are some active MTSOs out there who have hearts and will give you a chance. I do agree with the other poster that MT is circling the drain, as they say. If you do decide to pursue an MT career, I think that small (what few that are left) to medium sized MTSOs would be more lenient than the large mega-companies, most of whom seem to treat their employees like slaves. In any event, I wish you good luck in whatever you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)