Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Part of the job researching - from Q/A below - ea

Posted: Feb 4th, 2016 - 7:43 am

I have no problem researching for information for my report I am transcribing, however, researching and wildcard searches because the doctor did not key in the information he has right in front of him or keyed in the wrong information or stated the wrong pt's name, yes I have a problem with that and the clerk at the hospital also has all that information when she gives the chart to the doctor, so she can sit there for a minute with the doctor and make sure he keys it in correctly.  The whole ADT situation should not be our job, we are not paid for that, we are paid for fingers on the keys and foot pedal running.  I have worked in over 8 hospitals and 3 at home MT companies and all had a clerk to do the clerk work (looking up pt's name, etc.).  If we were salaried, paid hourly, I would have no problem with searching for names, etc., but we are hounded for not getting a certain amount of lines and for not having out fingers on the keys and only paid to transcribe.  There is no reason why the ADT information cannot come to us complete and correct.  The doctor has the chart and all the information he/she needs to enter it into the phone before dictating.  I worked for one company on-site and made 36 dollars/hour because all I had to do was transcribe, all the rest of the information was put in by the computer.  Researching for our end of the job is expected of us, medical information, etc., but not the ADT information.  That should be the responsibility of the hospital, doctor or their clerk before it comes to us for transcription or we should be paid at least one hour a day at whatever rate of pay they have calculated we are at at that time for clerk work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)