Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Win 7 - anon

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2016 - 4:37 pm In Reply to: Thank you both! One more question... - Linda

I buy refurbished Dell small form factor desktops (small, not the ultra mini). From eBay, I have a Dell 760 and a 780, both came with a disk for reinstall of Windows 7, but I believe it might be a special disk for refurbished machines. Theoretically, you could reinstall every time you reformat the PC. Some PCs come with a special partition on the hard drive (instead of a disk) for re-installation of the OS if necessary. Make sure you get Windows 7 Professional, not student or home edition. My desktops are not gaming machines, but they are quite fast, 64 bit, lots of RAM, around $200, doesn't hurt the pocketbook too very much when it's time to replace them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)