Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Some math, if you please... - ettuMT

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2016 - 12:45 pm In Reply to: Nuance ad dated today - sickened

Let's go with the 2 above who state they make $32-35K and do some simple math calculations. Now I'm a decent MT, and on good clients that I know can do well beyond 200 LPH, but for the sake of math here, let's use 200 LPH. Ready? Here we go...

$35,000/0.12, which is, I believe, the highest you can make for Nuance, even if you do the 900 LPH that it has listed. That equals approximately 291,000 lines you have to have.

291,000 lines/200 LPH = 1,458 hours
1,458 hours/40 hours = 36.5 weeks

This means that 36.5 weeks of work have to be consistently at 100% QA and 200 LPH.

Honestly, this could be doable depending on the account and MT.

Here is the other math those who feel they need to talk about their great money and happy jobs need to learn:

200 LPH x 8 hour days x 5 days a week x 52 weeks a year x 0 work = $0.

It's certainly not your fault you make good money. Actually, I think it's a wonderful thing. I agree with the post below. Please let us know how to contact your supervisor so we can save Nuance from posting ads asking for help. There are EMPLOYEES available who can do that.

Try a little empathy. One of my fellow MTs lost her home where she cared for her grandchildren. I normally reserve all caps for extreme cases, or for when I have to e-mail Pizza Hut because they put green peppers on my pizza again, but IF THERE IS NO WORK, YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY. NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)