Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 54)

Kudos - mom22

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2016 - 7:05 am In Reply to: Nuance - MLSeNuance

I think that's great that you make that much. I really do. I think it would certainly help my ulcer for sure! However, I made $10K. I have 2 kids, and I am OOW on a consistent basis (possibly getting 1-2 full days a week). So you see, there are SOME of us who really need the work but don't have it. I've been a MT for about 30 years, and the quality is not the problem. You take the good with the bad. But you have to have work there. And it's a pretty big slap in the face to those of us who DO NOT have work to see job postings needing help. Why not put us on it???

And you don't know anything about me, but let me tell you something. I love being an MT. I'm pretty decent at it, and once upon a blue moon, my TSM would say I was exceptional. And I have an extreme amount of loyalty not just to my TSM but to my former TSMs who are still in there. They have been nothing but good to me before Nuance came around. I am loyal to THEM, and that may be completely misplaced, but that's how I work. I worked with them for years before, and so I'm part of their team. It's not their fault Nuance doesn't have work for me. And that's really what it boils down to. I assume I'm going to make 7 cents because it is a failed system. Okay. I know how many lines I consistently get, and that's what I bank on. The lines. But what if no work is there? If you suddenly woke up, and all of a sudden, you just didn't have notes although you know they are working. You know there are a gazillion docs there working. And you grab 1 here, 1 there because that's all that is trickling in. How afraid would you be if all of a sudden your work was cut to 1/4 of what it was? And all of a sudden, that $32K went to $10K. Could you live on that? Could you support 2 kids on that? It might have a little different feel. Put yourself in those shoes just for a moment.

This week, the cable/internet company is calling, and I'm hoping they don't turn off my internet before we get paid Friday. Unfortunately, I have no work again today. It does tend to get a little personal when someone who doesn't understand not everyone is as fortunate as they are tells you to "just leave." If leaving was easy, I'd already be gone. I don't have the luxury of not having something else for income. And I've sent the resumes, but until then, this is all I have. That's MY life because I don't have work.

Again, I'm considerate enough to not be angry that you do well. Everyone should at least be able to feel good about their job, even if they don't like it. But have a little heart for at least some of us who really are hard working and just trying to get by, but Nuance doesn't have enough work for at least part of them. The only thing I can say to you is...wanna share?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)