Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If you have another income... - Linda

Posted: Feb 1st, 2016 - 10:59 am In Reply to: Returning to transcription after 8 year break - Sarasmoma

you can supplement it with MT, but it no longer pays enough to support yourself. Current rates are 3-4 CPL for editing and 8 CPL for transcription. Watch out for MTSOs that further decrease your income but not paying headers or spaces. No pay for spaces will reduce your line rate another 20%.

The quality of dictation has fallen drastically. This is partly due to having a large volume of ESLs. The other reason is that communication between MT and provider is not allowed and the MTSOs refuse to advise them of dictation problems. This can be very stressful when you know a bad dictator has reduced your hourly income to about $2 per hour.

I'm not sure if you have worked at home before, but you can weigh those benefits. Big savings in now needing daycare and saving commute time.

It sounds like you can do acute care from your experience and that is in demand now.

Also beware of MTSOs who dock your pay for any errors (which are often dictation errors,but we have to pay for their mistakes. The companies I know that do this are Nuance and M*Modal.

For job searches, I use monster.com and indeed.com. You can set up automatic email notifications for keywords like specialty.

Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)