Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Think about this ... I AM a coder ... CODER ... - Coder

Posted: Jan 31st, 2016 - 4:13 pm In Reply to: The OP had to apply for welfare - Think about it

Ya think maybe I might have a better handle on this then a career counselor? I sure think so.

I know hundreds of coders. All of them are employed. I'm also on Facebook forums where there are hundreds of coders who are employed. Hmm, I wonder what that's all about!

There are even new coders on Facebook who are getting jobs. Some of them are even getting well-paying remote jobs. Hmm, I wonder what that's all about?

Also on Facebook, there are coders who cannot pass the certification exam. Some of them have tried several more times. What's the problem with that? Poor training.

Also on Facebook, there are coders who passed a certification exam, typically the CPC, yet can't get hired. What's the problem with that? They can't pass an employer assessment. Why? Poor training.

The problem isn't that there are no jobs in coding. There are tons of jobs in coding. About one third of them go unfilled because there aren't enough coders to fill them.

In order to get hired as a coder, you must be able to code. People who take crummy courses and can't code afterwards don't get jobs. It's as simple as that.

Please stop blaming the coding industry for your own failure to get a job. There are tons of jobs available in coding, some of the remote, and almost all of them paying very well. If you want one of them, you need to take a course that will teach you to code.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)