Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You didn't cause your situation... - Linda

Posted: Jan 30th, 2016 - 10:38 am In Reply to: I'm embarrassed to say that I applied for welfare today - Laid off MT

Many of us are in the same type of situation, being laid off and unable to fine alternate work or even MT jobs. Please don't be embarrassed. This was not your fault. We have no control over what has happened to the industry.

I definitely think you should use this time to get your Bachelors. That will open up a lot more job opportunities.

When you are ready to return to work, use online job services like Monster.com and Indeed.com. You can set up automatic notices when jobs you are seeking become available.

Can you also get food stamps? That would be a tremendous help.

Many times when we are hit with frightening life challenges, it is actually a door to a new beginning and better situation. I look back and for every lay off, I've gotten a better position.

Hang in there and please keep us posted! I'm wishing good things for your future!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)