Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm embarrassed to say that I applied for welfare today - Laid off MT

Posted: Jan 29th, 2016 - 11:00 pm

I am officially on welfare and it's the worst feeling ever. Four years ago I was laid off from my awesome in-house MT job and went to work for a service as an IC. We were told so many times that they would be bringing us on as employees. Well, that never happened, but what did happen was we were all let go because Epic came in and the hospital didn't need the service anymore. That was three months ago and I've applied to so many places with no luck. I even tried Nuance and MModal with no luck. Then I started applying for jobs in my small town, secretary jobs, cleaning, Walmart, but nothing. I'm not sure if being an MT and that as my only job my entire adult life is hurting me or what, but I just gave in and applied for welfare. It's just awful and totally depressing me. I have a 6-year-old and I'm so stressed out about how I'm going to take care of her. I'm only 38 and scared to death of being homeless and having nothing. I guess the one good thing is that maybe this is the way for me to finish my bachelors degree as I'm only about six classes away from actually graduating. Anyway, this was just my rant and I'm not expecting any sympathy or anything, but I know my fellow MTs understand. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)