Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Work at home - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Jan 27th, 2016 - 3:19 pm In Reply to: best MT services to work for - Tina

I would advise against coming back to MT. It is a dying field and the wages stick to high heaven. No way to support a family, much less support one person.

There are other companies that hire work-at-home folks. Places like Apple, Xerox, Amazon just to name a few. One site that I check out EVERY DAY is rat race rebellion. It has pre-screened, legitimate work-at-home jobs. Another site to check out is WAHM.com. There are job leads posted there as well, but make sure you do your research. I have found that some of them are scams. I prefer the rat race site over WAHM.

I understand about needing to work at home. My in-house job was taken over by N a couple years ago. Coming home to work was a godsend in many ways. I didnt have to worry about winter travel anymore, so saved money on gas, clothes and wear and tear. I also got to spend the last couple of years of my son's life (golden retriever) with him every day until he passed from cancer. It was also good for my daughter (iguana). I have a new 7 month old girl (retriever of some sort, not sure, was told lab x golden retriever) in the house and she is not used to being alone. Not to mention that the jobs in my area do not pay enough to make it worth me driving every day to it. So I hang on and will until I find something else.

I wish you luck in your endeavor to re-enter the workforce. It can be scary after being out as long as you have. You seem very determined, so I think you will do just fine. Something will come along. Just have some faith.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)