Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

it's not necessarily you!...time to cut yourself some slack - Advice

Posted: Jan 25th, 2016 - 6:29 pm In Reply to: anyone have trouble meeting production and if not - NeedMyJob

You probably are, and were, fast. You probably DID get a lot done. I went from a hospital employee, to MTSO, to another MTSO and, believe me, I did learn how to go FASTER, because I had to! But I was shocked at how difficult that became. You can only go so fast. Also, pay has been declining and is set so low these days, that you can go as fast as you used to, but you won't be able to make anywhere near the lines as before, nor the pay as before. Do make sure you understand your typing platform very well, know all your keyboard shortcuts, and have your text expanders loaded with every useful shortcut you can think of. Then if you are still not getting anywhere, you will just drive yourself crazy if you keep freaking out about your lines and think something is wrong with yourself. Note also, typing platforms and Voice Rec capabilities are far different between companies. At my former company, I typed 200-300+ LPH, current company only 100-120 LPH. It's because the VR was better with one company and worse with the other, and because the typing platform was better with one company and worse with the other. I'm twice as fast as I ever was in the hospital, because I had to learn how to do that, but I just can't get ahead, my (acute care) work just takes too much careful listening, between ESLs and no templates to pull in, and I can't speed up too much or I miss some dictation. So, you need to TAKE YOUR BREAKS, BREATHE, and then accept the fact that you may not be able to produce (or be paid) anything close to what you used to, and that's just the way it is. This is just my opinion. I either had to adjust to this, or else move on and find a better job (paywise and stresswise), and you will have to make that decision too. Hope this helps, even if I know I sound pretty pessimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)