Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Thanks :) I think you are right and I am just in a temporary rut. - frustrated newbie

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 - 12:59 am In Reply to: frustrated newbie - I had a different

This training is online (CS) and self-paced. The format just isn't really in my learning style. The book exercises are sometimes kind of vague, like they could be read several ways, and then the answer key has no rationale about how they got a code or why a similar code or the sequence is wrong. I understand most of it and even like PCS because ops are the favorite, but some of it seems pointless (external cause codes!). There is too much focus on seemingly endless guidelines and not enough practical application, reminds me of algebra class haha. I have been hitting the books pretty hard. Maybe I do need to take more breaks or change up the time like you suggested. I am used to the nonstop transcription production wheel. Desk jobs are definitely not my thing at all, but I need to make this work. Thanks for your insightful advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)