Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My thoughts (for what they are worth) - Old Pro

Posted: Nov 24th, 2015 - 7:56 pm In Reply to: 7 cpl typed and 3 cpl VR...with 6 years' exp? - Thoughts?

My thoughts are that whoever is offering that lousy pay ought to have a kick where it would do them some good. I blame a lot of this on the AAMT getting into the proverbial bed with MQ. The rest is history. I have had to stand by and watch what was once a wonderful career for many women and men (hi, Nick) be literally slaughtered by greed, "corporate ethics" (an oxymoron if ever I heard one), and a total lack of caring about the patient as well as a lack of respect for the MTs, who worked so hard. Remember that song "She works hard for the money?" Well, that should be the MT theme song. I am hurt, angry, and confused about exactly how all of us (and this includes me) allowed all of this to happen. I think there were two large factors (1) We did not know what was sneaking up on us. (2) We were not organized and did not really know how to fight, since many of were either individual MTs or very small business owners (like us). We could not compete against the greedy corporations. They donned their Brooks Brothers suits, jumped in their Town Cars and ran right over us. I have nothing but contempt for the megagiant MTSOs who cheat the MTs at every turn and who do not do justice to the patient adn who offshore work. You watch. A couple of years ago there was a $140 million verdict against a hospital who had been offshoring--I think it was to India, but am not certain--but it was some offshore place. I can guarandarntee that would not have happened had American MTs been at the helm. I just feel so sorry for those of you who have to depend on this for your living. I do it a couple of hours a day for travel money. I could not survive in California on what I make. I feel the sorriest for the single moms out there. I hope the corporate honchos can sleep at night after what they have done to this industry. They probably all have Tempurpedic beds and sleep just fine, thank you. They don't have hearts.
/rant off

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)