Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Recent ads for pathology MT... - Linda

Posted: Nov 20th, 2015 - 11:34 pm In Reply to: I'm getting more and more excited about this potential opportunity - PJ

Have described the jobs I did in two hospitals with the extra duties. I found it very interesting as I got to see specimen's coming in and have more variety than just MT. The first pathology job I had they did not even require medical terminology or MT experience. Also pathologists are usually very good dictators. Their work is precise and they are in constant contact with the primary physicians so like to have perfect reports. It's not that hard to learn.
The process is, the specimen comes in from surgery, you log it in and it goes to the Pathology Assistant who examines and dictates the "Gross report". He then cuts pieces and puts them into paraffin blocks, about 1 x 1 inch. Once hardened, he takes thin slices off the block which is put on glass slides. Depending on the type of specimen, it can be stained with different dies by dipping it in to different colored solutions. When the slide is dried (fixative to hold slides together), it is then put in a folder and to the pathologist who does the microscopic examination of the slides and dictates the final report

Good luck to you! Hope you get the job!

PS: Wait until you see your first ovarian cyst with teeth and hair. I'm not kidding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)