Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I, too, believe it will eventually bite them - and not on the ankle. But, - echomt

Posted: Nov 19th, 2015 - 10:19 am In Reply to: echomt - Nick

it has occurred to me that that is not necessarily the best outcome for us. Certainly the MTSOs would deserve the demise this can cause them, but all of us who work as ICs by choice would end up as significant collateral damage, so I believe caution is in order. I have also come to the realization that we do not need any collective representation to initiate a change. I am currently formulating my thoughts to share on this, but I am trying to figure a way to condense them to avoid a very length post that no one will want to read. I will be hoping for others to weigh in with their own thoughts, which won't happen if there's too much info. However, I do intend two pointed comments on this, one to MTSOs and one to ICs. In the meantime, I have appreciated yours and others comments and attention to the information about the new DOL guidelines. It is a significant development, and one we can either use to our advantage or use to unleash the bitter demon of payback, which could end up costing us as dearly as it will the MTSOs. That's why I believe further discussion is in order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)