Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thank you for all your suggestions - Alice

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 3:44 pm In Reply to: I think you answered your own - post

I was simply making the suggestion that there are other options for working at home. I wasn't really asking for help on figuring out what to do; I was sharing some of my research on that topic. I am in the process of doing this.

As for me, I have a very old car and would need to commute a minimum of 30 miles each way to get anywhere that there may be a really good job. I did work at a hospital 25 miles from here at one time, but they outsourced to one of the major MTSOs. Before that, I worked as an RN in peoples' homes, hospitals, nursing home, for many years. I'm not interested in doing that anymore; that industry has changed too much for me to go back, even with a refresher course that I took.

But, I am looking forward to doing something I enjoy more. I do make things to sell or give to charities, but that's very time consuming and more of a hobby than a way to earn a living at this point.

I'm basically done with working for someone else, but I could get a more local job at a fast food restaurant if need be. I even signed up at care.com to be a babysitter or pet-sitter, errand runner, etc., but I guess there's not enough need for that in my area, OR I'm being discriminated against due to age or something? They did suggest a simple background check which I paid something like $8.00 for so that people would not be scared to contact me, but it didn't help.

So, I think working online somehow as something other than MT is a pretty good goal for me, and maybe for others, and that's why I shared my post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)