Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You get what you pay for. - sm

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 3:25 pm In Reply to: I should have elaborated - NinnerLynn

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Too many people make the mistake of thinking that all MT programs teach exactly the same thing, just as they think all coding programs teach exactly the same thing.

You can tell a lot by looking at the online description of that program. The most informative part about it is the fact that it's very vague. It doesn't tell you exactly where the tapes come from. To me, that's a warning sign. Another warning sign is the list of books that you get. There's pretty much only one book. You can infer from that that they aren't teaching a whole heckuva lot. Sure, they say they teach medical terminology and anatomy, and everything else, but you don't know how well they teach it. And if there's no book I would have my doubts. The whole thing seems online. It seems to be a canned program that offers little to no human interaction, which is very typical of the type of school it is and a very bad sign.

Just from the price I can tell you that there will be no live instructors. Your friend will be left to flounder through the material on her own. At the end of a program like that, your friend will have spent about $600 to get no job, or to start working for your company and discover that she can't do the work. She will never be able to ramp-up her speed and accuracy to the point that she can actually make decent money.

If jobs with your company are so fabulous that you can make an excellent salary, and you are certain that they will hire your friend if she is properly trained, talk to Linda Andrews. Andrews is expensive, but it is also very good. Linda will discourage you from beginning MT training, but if you insist I believe she will still train you. With the excellent salaries that your company pays your friend should be able to make back for tuition in a short time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)