Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Let me follow up on my last post where you - answered your own post

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 1:15 pm In Reply to: I think most are in the same boat.. - Linda

I am a stick to it type person and show up for work the days, hours I am supposed to but one thing I have learned from my job. I have learned how to get around what you described about not being able to get off with 2 months notice. IF you have something really important coming up, you don't ask ahead of time. Nah, that will not work, not with mine either. You let the job know the day you are not going to be there, oops, something has come up and not going to be able to make my time today. A little white lie, yes I do that now because my job pulled something similar a few years back and I learned how to deal with not having someone tell me no when I really want to have a yes. Just don't tell in advance. I am not saying to make up a huge falsehood that Karma could come back and grab you on but dang, think of something good. Does your job ever ask for someone to work extra to fill in? You could change out a day you want for one they want, tit for tat, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I have done that several months in advance when asked to work, will say will do IF I can have this day off. Usually works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)