Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think you answered your own - post

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 1:05 pm In Reply to: I don't understand why we work so hard to keep this industry going. - Alice

You said "I've been searching for the perfect at-home MT job for over 10 years and I haven't found it yet." It is you and others who basically in the same boat because you want to be able to stay home with the kids, on your own schedule, etc. which makes you tied down to this job. It is not the fault of the people running these jobs. If everyone who feels the way you did refused to work at this job, then something would have to change. But, others think they cannot work anywhere but the home so you see where that has gotten you and many others who feel the same way. I have read many, many times the same feeling, have kids I have to be home with, cannot work anywhere but my home. Many years ago, take the 50s and 60s, many women worked but where? Not the home for sure, very few if any but this has gone on and will not change because of not wanting to leave your home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)