Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I think most are in the same boat.. - Linda

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 12:57 pm In Reply to: I don't understand why we work so hard to keep this industry going. - Alice

First, I am so sorry about your aunt. Situations like this are a wake up call, telling us what our real priorities are. I know you regret not going to the reunion, but don't blame yourself. You have to make a living and had no idea of what was to come.

I'd ask yourself if you have to work at home. If so, that limits you. I have worked both in-house and at home, and there are benefits to working outside the home like a regular schedule where you know when your shift is up you can walk out. You are treated with respect. You have the company and support of others. You don't usually have to deal with boredom. You know you will be getting a regular paycheck and don't have to worry about production. You have benefits.

You may not want to get out of your "comfort zone" but it could be the best thing you have ever done.

I'm trying to create a job for myself doing real estate photography. I've done this for an RE agent in the past and while job searching noticed there is a company who does this, saw what they charge and I can do it for less. I'm sending letters to RE agents in the area who may need someone to help, at least in the spring when sales pick up. I even considered doing paper routes on my horse to make it a fun job. May do that when I can get back to California, but not here in the snow.

Think about creating your own job by looking at your talents. If you have a pine tree, you can make money creating Christmas wreaths. I sold mine for $25.00 each and they took less than an hour to make.

I hope you can find an escape to this trap we are all stuck in right now. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)