Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 30)

non-MT cherry picking- fedup - malcolmx4life

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 12:27 pm In Reply to: non-MT cherry picking - fedup

Fedup that is what Nuance do...When they took over the account of the hospital I worked at we were using editScript and I was in a "cue" which including short easy endos, progress notes, easy hospitalists reports. I was popping those reports out quick, fast and in a hurry, raking in the "bucks" ($1550 and more per pay period). That was when they were on a "3 month" bonus scale in which they used your QC score from the previous quarter (3 months) and average it out and paid you the bonus for the next quarter (3 months). Like I said was killing them and of course they could not let that happened. The first thing they did was all the "easy and good doctors" that I liked and was bring in the case for me disappeared...second they put in work cues that I had never done before i.e. EEGs, ECGs, Cardiac Caths...but the what really broke the camels back was when during one quarter they only chose 1 report to QC and it was a 98.7 which was below the 99% that you needed to get the bonus, they chose that report the first month into the new quarter and they did not do not QC another single report the remaining quarter which brought my QC score to 98.7 for which I was not eligible for the bonus the upcoming quarter and that bonus was anywhere from 400-500 per week. When they take over a new company or hospital, they look to see which typist is costing them the most money and then they systematically put into place barriers to bring that cost down by taking away the doctors/reports that you are comfortable with doing, adding new work types that you are not accustomed to doing and then lastly (like they did me) switching to totally to a new account where you have to get to know the names of the doctors, the streets int he community, the different companies in the community (which you are constantly Goggling to find out) and all that slows you down, causes you to make little mistakes which ultimately drives your pay down. If anyone is reading this who is new to Nuance this is the WORST place to work..there system is designed for you not to make any MONEY...The used the easy, short work and give it to the new employees to show you how nice it would be in the beginning and then when you are set, they snatches it away from you and put you in the cue with all the ugly, long, poor sound quality reports. It is especially hard on good transcriptionist because just because you are good, they give you everything that is bad...I told them one day that could they put some good reports in my cue because it is such a battle to do a long hard report and finally upload it only to get another one and by the 5 hour of your shift, I have had it, they have beaten me down and my mind is not up to hearing or doing another damn report.. I found me another job that is an hour away from my home but I will gladly drive it to get away from Nuance..gave them my resignation today (told me they did not have part-time or p.r.n. positions), oh well!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)