Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Where is the work? - mom22

Posted: Nov 18th, 2015 - 11:55 am

I hate to beat a dead horse, so to speak, but yet again, there are OOW situations mid week.  We have new hires; we have 3,000 new Indian MTs.  But there is no work for your regular employees.  A fellow MT who is on multiple accounts stated even her well has run dry, and the excuse is that it's slow for everyone. 

Well, here is what I know for fact - at least in this little section of the world.  I've worked for quite a few doctors, and the week before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest.  Docs are in practice to make money, pure and simple.  If they are planning on taking a little mini vacation the week of Thanksgiving, they will overbook the week before to help buffer that money loss as well as to make sure their patients are seen before they leave. I'd be surprised if any physician didn't do that!  Every single one I've worked with has. 

Also, this time of year is notoriously busy because everyone is trying to get their physicals, etc., before end of the year when their deductible starts over.  This is not to mention all the kids who are starting to get a lot of germs circulating before vacation hits.  And this time of year is busy with sinus infections and bronchitis, and that's before the flu hits! 

So...do they really think we are that stupid to believe suddenly there is no work?  For ALL of us?  Are you telling me that in ALL the accounts we have, every single one is not seeing their regular patient load??? 

So I'm just sitting here watching us all fight for the same notes and wondering...just what exactly are these new MTs working on?  And how bad are our checks going to be ON vacation weeks? 

Here's a bright idea.  Do NOT place ads if you have people out of work.  This company is just shady.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)