Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

THE HOLE WE ARE DIGGING - TrxTrixi

Posted: Nov 17th, 2015 - 2:48 pm

As we are noting of late, more and more job postings are NOT providing the "pennies-per-line" they are offering we "peons" to become employed.  Come on down underlings...submit your resumes, for a paltry 6-7 cents per line we will give you (and that compensation may continue to drop).  Here's something to chew on:  How about the amount a housecleaner is currently getting per hour for her labor?  Yep...let's start a a MINIMUM of $15. per hour, currently where I roost, it is the norm to hear the figure $22. per hour.  I'm having a problem with the discrepancy here people...I can pick up my "Shark" steam mop, my Dyson vacuum, a few rags, cleaning supplies and put in a credible days' work also, but my experience and profession has been that of a CMT for 30+ years.  Let's see...hmmm could this cleaning person sit in my task chair, put on the ear buds, foot on the pedal, and transcribe what I hear?  Not!!  What's wrong with this picture?  How did we allow this turn of event, where many of us are lucky to be making $10. an hour humping it? 

There has so much talk over the past number of years about "union" but it has been talk and I understand totally the frustration of nothing coming of it.  In our heart of hearts, we love what we do, take pride in our abilities, but sadly, we are falling into an abyss and it would appear that we are accepting of the dirt that is being thrown on top of us. 

I wish there was a solid solution to our dilemma.  I keep thinking some legal organization will take up the banner for the transcriptionists of the USA and set things right once again.  There was decent dollars to be made 15 years ago - 12-15 cents per line was the norm and we earned every penny because we knew our stuff and were proud of the profession.  Now we have become beaten down and sideswiped, diving for insufficient income and many working 2-3 jobs to stay afloat.  What's the answer?  I'm just tossing my thoughts into the arena because I know the ripple of "what was" is in the thoughts of many of us this day and every day. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)