Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree! Good that you turned it down! - Tired

Posted: Nov 15th, 2015 - 5:32 pm In Reply to: 8 cpl - Chi-town lady

Hope we can ALL starting doing that. Eventually, and now I'm speaking to that naysayer up above who said something to the effect that there "will always be someone qualified to come take the job for 8 cents per line," -- right now, maybe, but as the economy gets better, no one is going to work for such lousy wages, at least in this country, and I hope not in India either (it's my understanding they are unhappy with their pay, too). This is not a job that you can pull someone off the street and they can do it. Besides, those people are asking for $15.00 an hour which is more than we get for jobs for which we bring much more to the table in terms of training and expertise. The wages are ridiculous and will not last, and the only reason they have lasted is because of the bad economy and and possibly the incredibly cheap cost of living in some parts of the country (usually just for housing, though). However, there was one person either on this board or one of the others in Indiana with an incredibly, almost unbelievably cheap mortgage of $500-and-something, and even she said she had trouble making ends meet.

They are either going to have to send all of the work to India or they are going to have to pony up better pay so that we can pay our bills -- ALL of our bills. And I'm not talking about fripperies here, like expensive vacations, either. They will have to do that, not because of the kindness of their hearts (which they have never had; it's all about "shareholder value" which translates into paying us as little as possible), but because they will have to. They've had what amounts to close to a free ride when it comes to our pay these last 9 or 10 years (interesting how it times out to just a little before the financial crisis and bad economy started). Of course! They knew people would not be able to go anywhere else and then the fact that we could go maybe 25% to possibly 50% (not 100%) faster in Editscript created a surplus of us. Warning to MTSO's: That won't last. Then good luck finding anyone. I hope you don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)