Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Some $$ Saving Tips - Frugal MT

Posted: Nov 13th, 2015 - 10:36 pm In Reply to: Dear MTSOs & Recruiters, - LongTimeMT

Hey, great - you got work! Good Luck to you with that.

Though I think you could have done better with these costs.

1) There are options to type test files without having to buy a program. But hey, now you own a really nice program. That's good. You may need it again!
2) There are FREE online fax services, you don't need a fax line. Probably do need a printer with a scanner though, which usually has a fax built in.
3) Usually your bank or credit union notarizes for free.
4) Do you not get email alerts while you are working? Don't see how that should hold you back. Google has several free email alert apps you can download.
5) IC status? Write it all off.

(PS: Ya just gotta accept it's just a different world from even 10 years ago. I still work 5-6 days for 30+ years at half the pay also. I am my only source of income. I really feel the $$ crunch as well. But I'm grateful I'm still able to work. I'd be really hard pressed to try and go back and work in an office these days.

I feel your pain, but I'd be more concerned about my attitude if I were you than complaining about costs to find a job. Those of us working should still be very lucky to have work at all, and work we can do from home. And the freedom to change jobs if we need to.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)