Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Taking our clients back - Linda

Posted: Nov 13th, 2015 - 12:14 pm

The majority of providers are thoroughly disgusted with the use of EMRs to create medical reports, the instability of VR with the increased malpractice suits, the inevitable increase in malpractice insurance, and physicians losing so much patient time due to data entry requirements.   They are more than ready for a change.  I believe they would like nothing more than to return to their pocket digital recorders to dictate and get back to spending time with their patients.  If we could take our jobs back from the MTSOs, we could offer service for much less than the MTSOs charge.  We no longer have pick up and delivery costs, which was figured into our line counts in previous years.  I think it would not be hard to get the private practices, possibly starting with our old clients.  I've been hesitant to do so because I have not worked in an EMR before and don't really know what I am in for with the point & click, moving from one section to another, speed of the system and what type of charges would be appropriate for the point & click portions.  It certainly helps to have input from MTs  currently working in EMR who have shared information.

One more asset we would have over the  MTSOs is increased production by having familiar dictators.  I don't think the MTSOs know what affect it has on production to have hundreds of different dictators who have been allowed to blabber on, continuing their blatant mistakes they have no idea they are making.  

I think we could even interest the large facilities with lower rates than the MTSOs charge as we would have no costs for additional QA, insurance, HR, supervision, payroll, etc.  This could save hospitals a lot of money by only requiring a few staff to administrate and the MTs being ICs working at home.  The cost to them was in benefits and overhead.  Going back to their MTs would still save them these costs.  I think it would require a group of MTs large enough to handle volume to get their accounts and this is something I have no experience in.  One option may be to contact previous employee MTs who would probably jump at the chance to leave their MTSO. 

I would think to bid on a hospital or large facility, you  would have to have a network of MTs who you know are willing to work for a certain line rate and the network would be just like a volunteer service where MTs can coordinate efforts, agree on line rates, availability, etc.  A web site would be needed for this. I have previously thought about an MT co-op and perhaps this could be started if we had enough MTs experienced in EMRs tech support to be members.  I have no expertise in starting such a co-op, but if we could combine expertise, maybe we could make things happen.  

Am I just dreaming, or could this be possible to win our jobs and previous salaries back?   I'm really interested in what other MTs think, particularly those who previously had their own IC accounts and those with experience in EMR.  Also those who have the tech knowlege to affordably send data back and forth securely.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)