Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Interesting viewpoint - not on my watch

Posted: Oct 10th, 2015 - 5:33 pm In Reply to: So has anyone here ever actually done a medical scribe - sm

So happy you were able to turn your MT experience into another position. It can be the start of another career and it is great that you are willing to share an available option with MTs.

Your post did bring up a serious question I have regarding being able to document in real-time. You stated: âYou just have to remember what he said and if you don't...watch out!!â

What safety measure/measures is/are in place so the documentation is accurate? The whole process seems like entirely too much can go wrong. Relying on an individualâs memory is scary to say the least.

Realistically, most of the population would never question the accuracy of medical documentation because they just assume what the doctor and staff do is in the patientâs best interest. The general public only knows there is a problem if someone gets seriously ill or dies because of inaccurate care and/or documentation. All the âlittleâ mistakes (mcg versus mg) along the road of treatment (from careless, tired, stressed, or whatever the excuse of the day is for just plain lazy caregivers) often lead to a patientâs eventual demise. Mistakes by caregivers do not make it to the news unless there is a glaring lawsuit; they just end up in the obituaries.

Unfortunately, the almighty dollar rules the medical field. I find it hilarious that facilities got rid of the transcription department to still pay a human to do the same work, only the name has changed.

I live in a very high-wage city and the pay for scribes is $10-$12 an hour. The requirement for an interview is a high school diploma. So, you might be fine with another person in the room with you, but when the doctor introduces them, ask for a resume.

DISCLAIMER: Again, OP, I respect your decision to work as a scribe and this description is in in no way a reflection of your education, skills, talents, or knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)