Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

So has anyone here ever actually done a medical scribe - sm

Posted: Oct 10th, 2015 - 10:22 am

job?  I was interviewed for and eventually hired for such a position.  I did not know that is what it was going to be until my first day.  He tested me on the spot at the interview and just said whatever came to his mind.  I kinda got nervous and excited at the same time when I found out I would be shadowing him as he went into patients' rooms.  It is VERY different, I tell ya that!  You cannot exactly stop the doctor while he is speaking with the patient and family to say I am sorry, what was that again?  Extremely nerve racking.  No foot pedal to stop or rewind.  You just have to remember what he said and if you don't...watch out!!  This dr is nice, but very blunt and to the point.  The staff has been wonderful teaching me.  I like going in to the rooms and seeing people, and getting out of the house, but it is just so very different to be doing live transcription as he says it.  He is foreign too so that makes it a bit more difficult.  Very interesting though to watch how he interacts with patients.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)