Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 45)

Frugalness parallels - (sm) - Me Too

Posted: Oct 9th, 2015 - 3:34 pm In Reply to: How frugal has MT made you? - Poorme

1 - Line-drying everything because dryer died a year ago, can't afford to get it fixed. 2 - Although not planned this way, tons of money saved on cat litter because cat refuses to use litter. So she just gets 3 empty litter boxes instead. Not too awful,really - just like cleaning 3 bedpans every day, 3 times a day. >^..^< 3 - Cut my own hair, and keep it long enough that I can just reach behind my back to cut it. 4 - Do my own household chores, plus work off half my rent by maintaining the apartment building's yard and landscaping. 5 - Keeping a price limit on certain food items. I.e., I refuse to pay more than $1.50 for a box of cereal. (Half of which is air rather than cereal, anyway!) If I can't find anything in my price range at Grocery Outlet, I skip it and eat yogurt instead. 6 - Although I pay out of pocket to maintain my teeth at the dentist, I haven't seen a doctor in 2 years. Meanwhile, I've been cutting my pills in half so they'll last until next summer, when I'll finally have Medicare and can see a doctor. 7 - No new clothes here, either. I think I've permanently weaned off the new store-bought clothes habit for good, because buying used at thrift stores is much more fun. You not only can find quality items for next to nothing, you can also find clothing that can be made into something else. (I taught myself to sew for this reason, and it was worth it!) I also don't buy fabric from fabric stores. There's lots of beautiful fabric on many large maxi-skirts at the Goodwill that I've used to make knee-length skirts, tops, shrugs, and even curtains out of. I make my own jewelry and Halloween costumes, too. 8 - My 18-year-old car (which I bought used) hasn't seen the inside of a shop in almost 7 years. I only run it when I have enough errands lined up to make it worth the gas. I don't use my gas credit card unless it's a dire emergency. Instead I use cash at the cheapest gas station in the county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)