Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I felt the same way you do -sm - DZ

Posted: Oct 9th, 2015 - 1:51 pm In Reply to: Low Expectations - Meh

I used to feel the same way. Had a bad marriage the first time too. My mom actually said to me, and it's one of my earliest memories, "I wish I never had you." She never came to see me in the school play even though the teachers said our parents would if they weren't working which she wasn't. I know because I searched the audience.

Anyway, I know this might be hard to believe, but I don't think she actually meant any real harm. Not deep down. She just didn't realize the impact these things were having on me. I never said anything, just sulked about it.

Now that she's elderly, she doesn't understand why I'm not closer. I think she thought she was being progressive and in some ways she was.

My own son thinks I'm the worst mom in the world. My daughter on the other hand tells me I'm the best. I tried not to do anything to hurt them, you know, like what had hurt me, but I guess I did some things from my son's point of view that he feels hurt him and I really don't understand what he's talking about. I know I did my best. Our parents probably thought so too.

I hope this helps you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)