Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Epic and working at home - My experience

Posted: Oct 8th, 2015 - 8:43 pm In Reply to: I work from home for a large hospital, but - sm

My facility converted to Epic a few years ago. Our providers were given the choice to do their own transcription and editing (Dragon) or continue to do straight dictation and we still have a large number who prefer that. Having Epic and traditional transcription is still an option. Our department was outsourced anyway but I do on site QA. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think nurses and secretaries are credentialed to dictate or transcribe directly into the Epic system. For us it messes things up if the MAs or one of the nurses begin an encounter, the provider has to be the author. That might create legal issues for your facility later on. I would say that this looks good on paper but in reality they may still need some of you. Get something else lined up but try to hang on until the end. I would also ask about doing QA or other work in clinical documentation if you think you would like that or being placed into another position on site for your facility. Epic is awesome but they still need humans to keep things running smoothly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)